A little Amsterdam { food } guide for a long weekend-stay - Part 3. Restaurants - Brunch, Lunch, Dinner

by - Thursday, November 06, 2014



Finally! The last part of my Amsterdam food guide. I am sorry that it took me so long, but now here it is. This week it includes all nice brunch, lunch as well as dinner places I have visited during my weekend in this amazing city back in August.


I surely could move to Amsterdam, but probably I have already told you in the posts before how adorable and exciting I find the city. Bikes, cheese and tulips. Just kidding. Besides these cliches there is plenty more stuff to do (and EAT). I had a lovely weekend, so make sure to check out some of the places below, they all have been really good.


Breakfast

G'sGoudsbloemstraat 911015 JK Amsterdama small brunch place serving Bloody Mary (oh yes, you got me at this point already), poached eggs, french toast and all that dished and drinks, which remind me of my obligatory Sunday brunches in the US. It is kind of pricey though compared to portions. The place itself surely is a cozy restaurant to spend hangover Saturdays at.










Cafe de Blaffende VisWesterstraat 118, is a quite decent and rather traditional pub/bar-like place close to Noordermarkt, but we had a nice breakfast there in a cosy atmosphere.







Cafe FinchNoordermarkt 5, 1015 MV Amsterdam. Amazing place. Seriously. Prices are really fine comparing what you get for your money. Granola is great and so was the Croque Monsieur of which I got a tiny little bite, because it was too good to share ;) . 










Lunch

Sla, many locations, also Haarlemmerstraat and Westerstraat, nice place to have lunch at. Modern interior, which is perfect for a small dish such as soup, hummus, or plenty kinds of salad. I had the one with lebanese meatballs, which I would recommend, but I think it is not on their menu anymore.









Dinner

TrouwWibautstraat 127, a club during night, a restaurant during the day. I think this was one of the 
highlights in terms of dinner during our stay. You order a range of small dishes and share them (or not) 
so you can try a bit of everything, but still won't leave the place hungry. I really, really recommend the spit-roasted poussin and the fried okra. And if you are not too full, go and hit the dancefloor!















BazarAlbert Cuypstraat 182, I have to admit that the hummus and the other middle eastern dishes were not the best I have ever eaten (especially if you've visited Berlinor the Middle East of course). But the location and interior is definitely worth a visit since it is an old church turned into a restaurant with flashy lights and colorful decoration everywhere.









The ButcherAlbert Cuypstraat 129, Ok. First, they have great, delicious, juicy and tasty burgers. From cheeseburgers, to bacon burgerswhatever you want, they've got it..well, I guess. Then, there is THIS secret hidden bar, where you apparently can order amazing cocktails. Why "apparently"? Well, since it is hidden, I did not assume that besides delicious burgers there could be something else even more tasty. Now I know, so next time I can tell you how cocktails are there.











Cafe Finch, same as above. For dinner I recommend the pizza on lebanese bread and the salad with dried apricots and Halloumi cheese, gosh I am still dreaming of that.






You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. Danke für die vielen guten Tips und die schönen Fotos!!! Da hat man gleich Lust los zu fahren :)

    ReplyDelete